Are Dental Implants right for replacing your missing teeth?
Most probably yes.
Most people with reasonably good health are good candidates for dental implant surgery.
Our implant specialist is the best person to evaluate it.
The ideal candidate for dental implants should:
- Have sufficiently dense bone tissue in the jaw
- Be free from periodontal disease
- Not smoke, or be willing to give up smoking, especially during the osseointegration period
- Have good oral and overall health
But since we do not live in an ideal world…
TOGETHER, we can take care of all these points:
- We will use bone grafting to augment your bone and place implants of suitable size
- We will treat your periodontal disease ahead of placement and you will continue to receive treatment on a regular basis after placing the dental implants
- Sorry, but it is really up to you…
Smoking is not an absolute contraindication, but a risk factor for implant failure.
(Failure rate of implants is more in smokers compared to nonsmokers and is directly proportional to tobacco use.)
- Most people can undergo dental implant placement, even if they are not perfectly healthy. However, certain systemic and autoimmune conditions, such as uncontrolled diabetes, Lupus, Aids and osteoporosis, decrease the dental implant success rate. Keeping your mouth healthy and your dental implants firm in place is simple:
- Regular tooth brushing and flossing at home on a daily basis as always.
- And a professional check-up and cleaning every 6 months.
So if you are considering dental implants, Do not hesitate:
- Book an appointment for and OPG x-ray with a dentist or a specialist dental radiologist in your area. (you can check at whatclinic for one)
- Send it to us by email and a small note about what you would like to achieve
Together we will send you a treatment plan, where we will describe alternative treatments and their cost.
Dental Implants exibit an overal sucess rate of 95%.
It is one of the safest and easiest medical procedures you can have.